Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Figs

Dad: I don't know wha' hoppened! My feegs - dey are so small.

Me: Umm... your feegs? Should we be discussing this?

Dad: Last year... dey were so big! You shoulda SEEN the size of my feegs last year!

Me: I don't know if that woulda been such a good idea

(phone call to mom)

Me: Mom... daddy's talking about the size of his figs!

Mom: Oh...yeh... daddy used to have such nice figs! Big ones!

Me: (click)

Dad: Da neighbors...dey all want my feegs. Dey MY feegs! I tell dem... dey no good this year! Dey small! I showed dem my feegs.

Me: Uh... do you really think you should be showing your figs around the neighborhood? I mean... you're only asking for trouble.

Dad: I feel bad for da old guy, Nick, across da street. He loves my figs. I wish I could do more for him dis year...

Me: Don't you think you've done enough?

Dad: Maybe next year dey be big again.

Me: We can only hope.

Dad: At least I got a big zucchini.

And parents wonder why their kids don't eat fruits and vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home