Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Today Is the Day!

Since labor is not progressing on its own (my cervix is sealed like Fort Knox) - and my contractions are few and far between - the safest route to evict Baby Z from Keel's Kubby is to go the "C-Section" route.

So today at 1pm is the big day!

My doctor explained that I'm not "inducible" (meaning if they try to induce me, chances are I'd be in labor for quite some time - and it would end in a C anyways) - so based on that and my age, etc. , etc., we are going in for an extraction.

I don't know if Baby Z will be too happy when he hears someone sawing away at the walls of his home, but it's time. Officially 41 weeks today!

Baby Z is estimated to be about 7lbs 14 oz (give or take a pound in either direction).

My sister is taking a poll to guess his weight/length.

Me: 8 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches
She: 8 lbs 1 oz 19 inches
Dale: 15 or 16 pounds, 4 feet (ok - we got him to commit to 8lbs 3oz and 20 inches)

So there ya go - will post a picture when all is said and done - be home in about 4 days - off to see the Wizard (a.k.a. my doctor)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home