Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Dad's Nuts

No - I don't mean he's nuts as in "he's crazy"... I mean his nuts. And by "his nuts", I don't mean, well, that would be plain wrong.

But a touching moment occurred the other night. The spouse and I met my dad at a local Panini's for a couple of beers, and as my husband sits down on the bar stool, my dad hands over his nuts...in a bag.

How many father-in-laws would do that for their son-in-laws!

My dad said, "Here. I brought you some peanuts!"

We think it's because my husband helped my dad the other day by calling a window guy for him...but regardless, my dad shared his nuts.

As we drove home that night and each grabbed at my dad's nuts, thinking we were going to find shelled peanuts, our hands pulled out a variety of mixed nuts - shell-free. Cashews, macadamias, pecans, some peanuts.... So my dad had actually bought a can of mixed nuts and dumped some in a shopping bag.

Maybe it was because we were hungry, or maybe it's because we're nutty, but my dad's nuts never tasted so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home