Saturday, December 18, 2004

Since I can't think of anything really important to say, here's a list of some movies that fall under my "Kick-Ass Movies" category (not in any particular order - focus on action/blood/gore/scary):
Van Helsing
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Incredibles
Kill Bill (Volumes I & II)
SpiderMan II
Phantoms - cuz Ben Affleck is "the bomb" in that ;-)
Ghost Ship
Speed
Matrix movies (all 3)
From Dusk Til Dawn
Tremors
Superman I & II
Star Wars (all of 'em)
Stir of Echoes
Executive Decision
Air Force One
Beverly Hills Cop
Young Frankenstein (ok - not action/gore, etc - but love it!)
Nightmare On Elm Street
Halloween

There are so many...and I can only think of a few right now. When the first Superman movie came out - I couldn't get enough of it! My mom took my sister and me to Mayland movie theater in Mayfield Hts., OH (which later morphed into a Barnes&Noble bookstore...which later morphed into an empty "for lease" building...and it remains so to this day), and the theater was so packed that we had to sit separately. It was the coolest movie for me at the time. And then there were the Superman cards - the ones that came with bubble gum that showed various scenes from the movie -what was cooler! "Raiders of the Lost Ark" had the same effect on me - saw that one for the first time at Center Mayfield - and I don't think I blinked the entire time! Too cool (the movie - not that I didn't blink).

And on that note, good night to no one - my audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home