Sunday, September 01, 2002

Serendipity: Can you believe it? Me -- a muse, for God's sake! I sit down in front of the typewriter, and what do I get? Nothing. Blank page. I can't even write a grocery list.
Bethany: What about what you did with Jay and Silent Bob? You inspired them.
Serendipity: That's the cosmic joke. I can give out a zillion and nine ideas a second, but I can't keep any for myself.
(Dogma ... on my list of movies to definitely see.)

Not that I'm a muse by no means - amusing, maybe, a muse - no...but that's how I feel sometimes (not like a muse, just idea-less). And when I attempt to write down my ideas into a format that would enthrall, intrigue, and entertain an audience...nothing...nada...blankity blank. And that's exactly how my brain feels tonight - empty. So I'll write about my soon-to-be-two-year-old nephew instead who is very entertaining, especially during the final musical numbers in "Shrek". He practically sings every word with his 'big' brother Dominic (who is all of 5 years old), and when the song "I Like Big Butts" comes on, he manages to squat all the way down to the floor (which isn't very far since he's only a tad taller than my knees...and that's not saying much since my knees aren't all that far off the ground), and without touching his butt to the ground, he bounces up and down in perfect rhythm. And to the song "Who Let the Dogs Out", he responds perfectly with "woof...woof"... When you ask him if he's smart, he replies with, "No. I cute." When you tell him he's in trouble, he shouts, "I NOT trouble!" (Or maybe that was me responding to my husband :-)

It's amazing to see how fast kids grow up. Dominic starts kindergarten next week. I can still remember parts of my first day of kindergarten. I remember marching around with some silly paper hat on my head to some silly song (not just me alone, the whole class...else I would've been really traumatized). And speaking of silly, I'm sure my outfit was just that; or if not, then as time progressed. There are pictures hidden deep within caverns and catacombs underneath my dad's house that display mixtures of vertical and horizontal stripes all on one body...well, two, since my sister dressed the same way. We resembled exploded boxes of crayola crayons, but according to my mom, we "looked beautiful."

Happy Gilmore: "If I ever caught myself dressed like that, I'd have to kick my own ass!"

My brother-in-law said my sister will NOT be dressing Dominic for school; that's what garanimals are for. I told him that we weren't allowed any kind of animals when we were little. Mom, was it too much to allow us to have a pet giraffe or a pet elephant or something to assist us with our sense (or rather lack of sense...in which case it was NONsense) of style?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home