Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Finally, the storm ended, as did the night, as does my story.

Phew! Finally completed a book! Wasn't as bad as I thought. And I owe my suspenseful, opening sentence to a beagle. I think I'll start on the sequel. Hopefully I'll be able to complete that in less time.

So now that I have absolutely nobody's attention, I'll begin my less than mind-bloggeling thoughts...since that's about all my brain is capable of handling. And in case anybody cares (or in case I someday lose my mind and can't remember the creative genius behind calling my Blog "Chapter 1..." – which I credit to a brilliant friend of mine who is capable of mind-BOGGLING thoughts), it's because I just can't get past the first chapter of any book I set out to write, which puts a damper on my small and humble dream of someday becoming a published writer. I envy the likes of Shakespeare, Dean Koontz, Ray Bradbury, and Dr. Seuss. (I would have listed Stephen King, but I'm a little peeved at him right now because he stole my idea for a book - Dream Catcher - an idea I had about 6 years ago - and now he's got a movie out about it and everything. So Stevie, dude! If you're reading my blog...let it be noted that...I was gonna say that I had the idea first, but, if you really are reading the blog of some chick from Ohio who has absolutely no claim to fame, then you have absolutely no life...)

Anyway, the purpose of my blog is to give me an outlet for rambling, and maybe someday all this rambling will actually emerge into a novel of some sort. Either that or it will be written validation that I should be committed. (Better not give my husband my blog address…he’s probably got his own list of reasons to lock me up somewhere ;-)

Validation #1: I think that Snap, Crackle, and Pop live with my husband and me. Why? Because every time I turn around, I find another box of Rice Krispie Treats on my kitchen counter! Either that or my husband has bought stock in them and has made it a high-priority goal of his to buy up every box he can find. Or maybe…husband by day…Crackle by night? Who knows.

Validation #2: I can’t get past Chapter 1…you expect me to get past Validation #1?

Less Than Mind Bloggeling, huh. But I promised nothing more, so I delivered what I set out to deliver.

The End – for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home