Monday, January 03, 2005

While we were at my dad's on Saturday for New Year's Day, my 7-year old nephew, Dominic decided to take some plastic cups (there were only about 6 left in the whole house) and build a tower, which then morphed into a puppet. He taped them all together and drew a face on the top one, and he taped it so that the top cup moved, like a mouth. Then he put one of my dad's dirty old socks on the bottom - and wallah - instant puppet. So this kept him occupied for awhile - putting on puppet shows, etc. Well, Anthony, my 4-year old nephew, decides to be a terror and proceeds to want the puppet, too. So of course, Dominic won't give it to him - after all - he made it... so Anthony decides to punch the puppet - and it breaks. So my sister and I play "doctor" (not in any visually appealing way) and have to keep taping this mountain of cups over and over again. And this goes on for what seemed like HOURS! My Point: of all the toys these boys got for Christmas...and of all the toys at my dad's - they're fighting over a plastic-cup-dirty-sock-tower (that my gramma said looked like a big wiener - thanks for the visual, grams).

And of course there was only one measly cup left to make Anthony a puppet - so all he ended up with was a cup-in-a-sock.

Next year, I now know what to get my nephews for Christmas....cups...and used socks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home